The Top 10 Questions Most Often Asked by Interviewers - To be prepared for an interview
it is helpful to have an understanding of the questions you may be asked and to have
prepared answers for them. As you read the questions below, think of adaptations
to these and then answer them. You may want to say your answers out loud while
looking in a mirror to see how you look and sound. Another great tip is to
record your answers into a tape recorder and then play it back and see what
it sounds like. Practice your answers!
1. Which supervisors have you found easiest to work with and which have been most difficult? Judge your adaptability.
2. What did you like best and least about your previous job? Administration and Management skills.
3. Have you ever had to get a point across to different types of people? Give me an example and tell me what approach did you take? Communication skills.
4. Describe a work-related problem you had to face recently. What did you do to deal with it? Decision making skills.
5. Give me an example of a time you did more than what was required in your job. Initiative.
6. Give me an example of a time you found it necessary to make an exception to the rules in order to get something done. Integrity.
7. What was the best decision you ever made? What were the alternatives? How did you go about making it? Judgment.
8. Tell me about a time you had to gain the cooperation of a group over which you had little or no authority. What did you do? How effective were you? Leadership.
9. Have you ever had trouble learning a new method or procedure? How did you deal with that situation? Learning Ability.
10. Tell me about a problem you have had that would affect more than one department. How did you try to solve it? Organizational Cooperation.
In addition, be prepared to answer these questions:
- What are you looking for in a new position?
- Why do you want to leave your current company? (Or…Why did you leave your last company?)
- Why should we hire you?
- What is your biggest strength?
- What is your biggest weakness?
- What are your long-term career goals?
- What has been your most important accomplishment?
- What is the hardest thing you've ever done?
- What salary are you looking for?